Thursday, September 22, 2011

Saint John under the Cliff and Karlstejn Castle


I just need to rant for a minute.
I just type up a good oh 6 paragraphs of a blog, which
just to let you know this is for a school as well, and the cleaning lady
came in to do her daily cleaning. Well when she vacuumed she
blew a fuse and the power went out. My computer only stays on
when its plugged in, therefore i lost everything i had just spent the
whole morning typing up. I want to cry.

I find myself in these situations a lot here to be honest. Like
when i simply want my refund from the vending machine because
it stole $4 dollars from me and never gave me my drink. But they
dont believe in refunds here in Czech. Nor do they believe in
smiling or being polite to their customers. Waiters and waitresses
dont work for the tip here so they dont care of your soup is cold
or if you didnt order what was given to you.

I am not sure if its all of Czech of just this dorm facility, but
the laundry situation is boat loads of frustration as well,
we have no dryers! My clothes are scattered all throughout
my room still hanging damp after two days of hanging up to dry.
Ok so maybe i am a little home sick. Actually i am not sure if
home sick is the right word. I am just missing the everyday
conveniences of living in the states. We are spoiled
back home TRUST ME!

bahh what id do for a cold fountain soda with ICE right now!

P.S Yesterday i went to Saint John under the Cliff and The
Karlsejn Castle, i lost my camera on my train ride home
from Oktoberfest (which was a blast)
so i couldnt snap any photos :[ That is what i had
written about but i am not typing it up again. The places were
gorgeous and involved a lot of hiking and history,
I wont lie the hiking was more interesting!
We were able to get out of the city and see
the Czech country side! (YES THEY HAVE CORN
FIELDS HERE TOO!) It was actually quiet comforting to
see the cornfields :] More later, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment